Monday, March 15, 2010

For Haiti


This one is my response to the January 2010 Haiti earthquake. 
It's an image of a young boy whose face is injured...portraying the hurt, the pain, the loss, the suffering and sense of hopelessness that comes at a time and situation as this.
I clothed him in white bandages and white garments...the color of piece and hope.
So, even though there is pain, there is hope.
And as we respond with care to the people of Haiti, we bring hope in a hopeless situation. 



"Hope"
Conte' Crayon on watercolor paper
March 2010

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me."
(Matthew 25: 35-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment