Monday, April 12, 2010

President's Christmas Card 2010

Every year, our Art Department selects one art student to create an art piece for the Concordia President's Christmas Card.  This year, I was the selected student for the assignment and this is what I came up with. 
The meaning of the drawing is found in the colors and the gestures. 

A simple, symbolic image of Mary and Joseph embracing the new born king, Jesus. His glory illuminates the dark atmosphere and shines on their faces.  Their multi-color garments brighten up with the light and everything comes together in an expression of worship.



"We Have Seen His Glory"
Soft pastel and Charcoal on Paper
Senzelumusa Khumalo
April 2010

"We have seen HIS GLORY, the GLORY of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." 
(John1:14)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like this one. Very colorful and original christmas scene. I like how you incorporated zebra stripes here. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed doing this one. I actually had no idea what I wanted it to look like before I started working on it, but as it came together I loved the outcome. I'm glad President Krueger liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this picture which came up on my Google Search today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete