Sunday, April 4, 2010

Worship

Everything has its own source. 
And my source is God, the Living God. 
When the sun seems to go down on me, 
He lifts my soul from darkness and fills me up with floods of Joy. 
Kim Walker, in her song How He loves us, she says: "If grace is an ocean, then we're all sinking."
That ocean of Grace is what keeps me alive and I draw from it everyday, all day. 
Worship is my deepest passion. 
More than art. More than life. 
That one passion transcends my human desires and ambitions. 
It's the deepest, most amazing thing that God has given me. 
It's that one thing that I want to do forever....in this life and the next.
Worship gives me life. 
Being able to pour out my deepest affection on God is the most amazing thing in my life! 
And being able to open my mouth and share that life-giving experience with other people is what I live for. 
It's my greatest joy.


So this peace was just about that. That moment of total worship. 
Pouring my heart out to God and Him filling me with His divine joy and peace. 


"Worship"
Oil on Canvas
Senzelumusa Khumalo
April 2010

1 comment:

  1. This is a powerful painting. Her stance is so dramatic and forthgiving. It gives me the feeling that she is giving her whole heart and soul to her God.

    ReplyDelete